Jinan Hyupshin Flanges Co., Ltd provide knowledge of install gasket on pipe flanges. We are steel flanges manufacturer from China, supply all kinds and steel of pipe flanges, buy flanges contact us, email@example.com.
Select flange gasket media, temperature, pressure and working conditions should be important factors. For example, if the working pressure is not high and the plastic flange is used for butt joints (PN<6kg), the use of harder seals, such as F4 or metal materials, can lead to leakage due to improper material selection. Graphite materials and non-asbestos materials will achieve better results due to flexible effects, and vice versa.
For another example, in the working environment of chemical media, it is necessary to reasonably match different sealing media to achieve good results, otherwise unpredictable chemical changes can easily occur. Therefore, any flaws in the selection of seals can lead to unimaginable consequences.
The general gasket structure has the following types for reference:
1. Mostly used for flange joints are: a. Flat washers: material is made of medium-pressure asbestos, Pilot non-asbestos, oil-resistant asbestos, PTFE, graphite gasket or reinforced graphite gasket, metal flat gasket, special metal Gaskets, etc.
b. Wound gasket: with outer ring or with inner and outer ring (convex flat flange multi-purpose); with inner ring (convex flange commonly used); basic type (without inner and outer ring), slot-type flange special The sealing surface is narrow and flat-welded on a full-faced flange. The sealing surface is wider, equivalent to a wound gasket with inner and outer rings. It must be noted which standard the flange is.
2, used to rotate the shaft seal with a variety of fillers. Such as flexible graphite ring (open and not open), various materials braided packing (or packing ring), various materials inside and outside the skeleton oil seal YX ring and O-ring and so on.
3, for special parts of the sealed product. Commonly there are various sealing strips, PTFE ball valve seats, graphite rings and rubber parts butterfly valve rings, etc.
What should you watch out for when installing seals?
1. Do not damage the sealing surface of the seal surface or the sealing performance of the sealing line plane seal depends on the upper and lower two end surfaces; the sealing performance of the hydraulic seal depends on the lip line associated with the hole or the shaft. These parts are both soft and It is made of special materials, such as graphite, rubber, and fiber, which are resistant to heat, corrosion, and aging, and are vulnerable to damage. Therefore, they need special protection and care during handling, installation, and storage. Once damaged, they are often damaged. Will leave a lot of hidden dangers to the sealed parts;
2, can not be forced to install some seals are placed in the groove of the stuffing box, then need to be tightly fitted, construction can not be rough, barbaric, the action of a strong force will inevitably destroy the original prefabricated seal structure, which is like Impregnating the precast concrete and filling it in the required parts inevitably leads to disaster. The installation of such seals must be very careful and careful, and the insertion must be carried out step by step.
3. When installing, it is necessary to pay attention to the balance and symmetrically place the seal on the position just close to the effective sealing surface (or lip line). After the system is opened and used, further observation and tightening of the seal must be done to prevent the occurrence of micro-leakage due to changes in working conditions (such as pressurization) during system operation.
How to properly keep temporarily unused seals?
1. Anti-aging, light-proof, moisture-proof, flat, and away from cold and heat sources;
2. Do not apply pressure to maintain the natural relaxed state of the seal, and change its physical shape without applying external force;
3, classification mark (the same shape, different materials, use parts, applicable standards, stock date, etc.